It’s almost time for The End of the Line to come out in ebook and audio. Here are a few things to know about the author…
- I’ve been writing every day (well, almost every day) since I was 20. So that’s over 15 years!
- I minored in Creative Writing at Bath Spa University. This helped get me into the habit of writing every day, which is probably my most valuable takeaway for writing. I majored in Geographical Information Systems & Remote Sensing. I’m probably the only person in the UK to have that combination!
- I wrote six novels before The End of the Line. All of them are terrible but one of them did get an offer of representation from an agent but they wanted me to tear the book down at start from scratch.
- I have written a dozen short stories, most of them never got published but they sure attracted a lot of rejection letters from magazines and websites.
- I passed an early draft of one of my short stories to a colleague. She liked it so much she asked me out! We’re now married.
- I love stories. Give them too me in books, on the stage, in the cinema, as comics, as video games, even board games. If a medium tells a good story then I am there for it.
- My first short story was published in 2008. They even paid me £10 for it. I don’t dare go back and read it.
- It was May 2017 that I sent The End of the Line to agents. I sent to 27 agents and had 19 requests for the full manuscript and five offers of representation! I signed with my agent, Juliet Mushens in June 2017.
- During the day, I work in marketing in publishing. Having worked for Usborne, Orion and Bounce, I have worked on campaigns for some of the UK’s biggest crime authors, including Ian Rankin, Michael Connolly and Linwood Barclay. I even did the marketing for the paperback of Keith Richards’ autobiography!
Thanks so much for reading, remember, you can have these links delivered right to your inbox by signing up to my newsletter. It even comes with a free short story!